Parents and Families
How are Community Care Licensing regulations and requirements put into practice? Watch these brief, informative videos and learn how you can contribute to the health and safety of children in child care facilities.
Click on any topic below to view a descriptive video and related content.
- Understanding Licensed Care and License-Exempt CareIn California certain providers of child care are not legally required to be licensed. Learn the difference between licensed and license-exempt care.
- What to look for When Choosing Child CareWhether you are seeking child care for the first time, or you have previous experience in this area, the information presented here can help you make more informed decisions when deciding on care for your child.
- Parents’ Rights in Child CareAs the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in a licensed child care facility, you have a number of rights established for the protection of your child. Learn more about these important rights.
- When Is a Child Too Sick to Attend Child Care?Learn guidelines to assess how to determine when your child is too ill to be in child care and what precautions licensed providers take to reduce the spread of illness and infection in child care facilities.
- How to File a Complaint with Community Care LicensingFormal complaints help ensure that potential violations in facilities are investigated and corrected. Learn how to submit a complaint and whether one is needed.
- Children’s Personal Rights in Child CareIncrease your understanding of the personal rights children have in child care facilities. Learn about the types of discipline that are not permitted, as well as the rights children have during daily routines.