Child Care Center Operators
Disaster Planning and Fire Safety
Planning and preparation for disasters is a requirement of all licensed child care facilities. Learn how to complete the Emergency Disaster Plan and prepare children and staff for emergencies.
This video provides helpful answers to the following questions:
- What are the three types of disasters to consider when developing my emergency plan?
- How do I evacuate children and adults from the facility?
- How do I establish temporary relocation sites in the event of an emergency?
- How do I plan for sheltering children and staff at my facility?
- How do I meet Licensing regulations regarding disaster planning?
- How, and how often, do I conduct a disaster drill?